Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Morning folks. My new friend Jude, the self-described "hippie-chick", but who I refer to as my little "babushka", because of her Ukrainian descent, put up a post on Saturday that I highly recommend you read. Open all the links she provides and you'll see why she is proud to call herself an Albertan.

The reason I chose this as a topic today is to point out how many of us simply don't take the time, or have the time, to appreciate the natural beauty around us. While looking at the breathtaking scenery shown in the links I realized that I had seen those very places thousands of times, but never really seen them.

With me it was always head- down, ass- up truckin', no time to smell the roses if you will. Always fighting time constraints, mad about something, etc. etc., that I used as reasons when in reality they were excuses, and sorry ones at that. Too wrapped up in my own little world to appreciate the real world around me. When I think of the things I roared by at 65 mph in the 4 plus million miles I travelled, without at least slowing down long enough to take them in, it drives the point home. Unfortunately too soon we get old, too late we get smart.

Of course it's not too late to make amends, so to speak, but with my little health thingy it's a matter of the spirit being willing, but the flesh getting weak. So folks, don't make my mistake, slow down once in a while and soak up all you can.

So Jude, thanks for putting that post up, and even more thanks for the memories. I knew if I hung around long enough there would be something about you I'd like. (The devil made me say that! heh heh)

Back later today, unless I'm hunted down and slapped senseless for that last remark.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:38 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com