Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm using this picture that my son Bob just sent me to help give the up-date on things here at home as promised in to-day's regular post below. First the not-so-good part:

Booper's sister had brain surgery Tuesday morning to remove a malignant tumor. While the operation was successful they are now trying to find where else in her body the cancer is. Because my tumor is inoperable I'm so glad that it is benign, so far.

Many of you ask how I'm doing health-wise, which I appreciate a lot, and that's where the picture comes in.

My son Bob, in his position as Operations Manager for our privatized Department of Highways has gone over to the south-eastern part of the province, the Kootenays, to work his magic or, I suspect, to kick some butt! He'll be there for 6 months, flying home every second week-end for 3 days. You'll notice he takes the magnetic signs, and roof-top strobe lights off his pick-up so he can travel around incognito. I'd hate to be the worker having a little snooze if he shows up.

He told me that when he saw the log home along the river he immediately thought of me and my love of that life-style. It's that kind of thing that helps me so much in coping with Timmy when he gets to kicking my butt. None of us want to go before our time but when I think of what I've accomplished in my life as to family, career, and now part of this blogging community, I feel content. My life has not been a waste. I am not at all sad, just the opposite. Since I was given 6 to 8 months in July 02 and I'm still here ruffling feathers, well, don't cry for me Argentina. I'm doing plumb fine, thank you!

Thanks for listening, we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 12:07 PM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com