Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, October 14, 2005

Morning folks. Well, you working people that help keep the wheels on this cart we call society have made it through another week. I know there are times when you wonder if you'll ever see the day when it will be "your time". Don't be in a hurry, I'm there now and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Being wanted and needed, a part of things, is much better than watching the world go by, and the calendar pages flipping. I don't have the blues this morning, but I would gladly trade my life now for the one I had when I would walk in the door, dog-tired, and the kids would yell "Daddy's home". I watch my grandchildren get excited when their Dad's come home and it brings back great memories. "Your time" will come sooner than you think, so prepare.

Karen is going in for a pre-op ultra-sound to-day so let's all hope the results show that she won't need full-blown surgery, just a less invasive type.

Vickie put a post up yesterday that I felt should be required reading. I also felt that any comment from me would just detract from it, because it is more than capable of standing on it's own.

Dave will be coming back from the Caribbean so we'll have to listen to the stories of the fine food and drink, the beautiful beaches, yada yada. Just teasing bud, looking forward to hearing of your vacation.

Hoss's bud, Peter, from down under, has an amazing bunch of photos on his Flickr page (photostream). Well worth your checking out.

Still on photos, there is a couple from Vancouver that are circumnavigating the Earth by human power. 42,000 kms (26,000 miles) by foot, oar, ski, and bicycle. Their home site is here, photos here, videos here, and numerous press articles here.

WOTD: Yesterday's, Aquiline...Hooked like an eagle's beak.
To-day's...Uxorcide (careful guys!)

QOTD... In an argument you know you are wrong but are already too far along to admit it.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:05 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com