Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, December 05, 2005

Morning folks. Even though the cat is out of the bag about why my bud was wearing PANTY HOSE (see yesterday's comments), I did'nt know it as I was trying to figure out how to handle things. As soon as I was dressed I started making the ritual waking-up-in-a-truck noises, loudly! Coughing, hacking, swearing, flavoring the air, you know..man stuff! Little wonder he woke up, I could hardly breath in there myself. When he told me he was ready I came out, slid behind the wheel, throttled down, released the brakes, in gear, and off we went.

Down the road we go at a very high rate of fuel consumption for a while when he asks if there is anything wrong. Bingo!, my opening. Off to the side of the road, stop, pull the brakes on, turn the dome light on, look at him and say, "I'm going to ask you a question and if you don't give me the right answer you're walking home from here". I felt bad later with the look that came over his face, because he was not used to this kind of nonsense.

Why are you wearing panty hose? First a look of shock, then "how did you know"? I explained, but I was still a little pi**ed, until he explained. Between bouts of laughter we both tried to apologize, him for not telling me, and me for getting the wrong idea. It turned out he had varicose veins, and his wife worried about him sitting in the seat for 5 days, so she suggested the panty hose, which made perfect sense.

His wife also would'nt let him smoke, which he enjoyed, and made sure he ate properly. By the time we got back, 4000 miles later, I had never seen a man eat as many orders of bacon and eggs, or smoke as many cigarettes. Because he probably smelled like an ashtray, he had a shower and change of clothes at my place before he called his wife to come pick him up.

I took a lot of teasing over the next few years from people who found out about my "panic". He, his wife, and I, remained good friends until they moved away and I lost contact. So there you have it, another chapter of, thanks to Big Dave, As The Wheels Turn.

Have a decent day, back later.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:15 PM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com