Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, November 28, 2005

Morning folks. I'm sure most of you are like me in that you've heard of truffles, know that they are a type of food, are expensive, but beyond that not much else. Not that I'm smarter than anyone else but I did know they are a type of fungus that grow underground, and are harvested using pigs that root them out. Where is this going you ask, well hang on a minute, sheesh!, what a demanding bunch. (insert smiley here).

What started this nonsense was an article I read in the paper of a truffle auction held recently in London, England. A group of first-class chefs from around the world gathered to bid on a particularly large specimen recently dug up. It weighed 2.866 lbs and fetched a price of, are you ready for this, $134,400, or $46,894.63 per pound! If you open the link I provided you'll read of some of the purported qualities of this fungus but, good-night nurse, give me a break.

Yesterday, here in Vancouver, we had our "Super Bowl", the annual Grey Cup game between the winners of the Eastern and Western Conferences. This year it was the Montreal Alouettes against the Edmonton Eskimos. Being from the West I naturally was rooting for Edmonton and they did indeed come through with a win by a score of 38-35. Not sure if you're a football fan Jude, but if you are, congratulations!

It was kind of a bummer for the local fans because our team, the B.C. Lions, did'nt make it to the final round but it was still a heckuva game. Not at all one-sided, in fact it took overtime to finally get a winner. B.C. Place, where the game was held, was sold out and the 60,000 fans certainly got their money's worth. Because the city that host's the game is changed each year, it sometimes happens that the home team has to watch from the sidelines, but still, a good time was had by all. I have'nt read the paper yet this morning, but I'm sure the usual yahoos are sleeping it off in the drunk tank.

On a scale of 1 to 10 this post will probably register about .01 with most of you, but hell, it got me through another one, so I'm happy with it (sort of) . If you're a complete masochist come on back later today, I've got a picture that you can write a caption for in your comments should you choose to play along. If not, I'll go into a big ol' pout and it won't be pretty!

Had enough?, good, so have I, see ya later.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:14 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com