Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, December 26, 2005

Morning folks. I'm happy to be able to report that I am still a free man this morning, because I'm certain it is illegal to eat as much as I did yesterday at dinner. Of course I did it just to show my appreciation for all the work that went into preparing it. Yeah right! The truth is I likes my eats, and in a setting like that why not indulge yourself. After all, you're with family, so dig in!

I had one of my grandsons, Rory, sit beside me because I like goofing around with him. So after all the platters of food were set on the table, which was about the size of a small landing strip, I said to him, "let's show these weenies how to really eat". "Right on Grandpa"!, and we put on an award winning performance. I've got a fair amount of room, but I swear I don't know where he put it.

By now the rest of the grandchildren were determined to show that "we ain't no weenies" and off we went. I'm sure to a stranger we looked like a pack of ravenous wolves, but the tears of laughter would have been the tip-off that this was a family having a wonderful time together.

The mis-perceived gluttony aside, can you tell that I had a great time? It is my sincere hope that each of you had an equally great time, although not necessarily with that much food. When Booper finally sent me packing it was with a doggie-bag that would suit someone with a St. Bernard. Oh, did I mention the Tupperware containers of different pies, cake, and yes, COOKIES!

All this one-fingered huntin' and peckin' has given me an appetite, think I might have a little "snack". Although there is no audience I might just put on another performance, because when it comes to "eats", I ain't no weenie!

See ya later today, if I don't get high-centered on this platter.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:41 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com