Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Morning folks. I got "tagged" yesterday by Goober to write Five Weird Things About Me. Normally this would barely rate a "yeah right"! before being dispatched to the circular file, but since she is one of my main squeezes, I'll put some thought into it and do what I can. I'm reminded of the old song with the words, "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in ev-er-ry way", but I'm sure if I concentrate I'll be able to think of something. (insert giant BS icon here)

I just read something in the paper that makes me shake my head. If the cause is so noble, why do they have to resort to this kind of thing to recruit young people? Shameful, especially when you consider the eventual fate of some of them. This is the article as it appeared:

The US Army National Guard thinks it has cooked up the right potion to cure it's recruiting dilemma...a load of pizza, a heaping helping of a NASCAR racing team, a dash of free MP3 downloads and video games, plus some cash incentives. Recruiting boss Lt. Col. Mike Jones said that reaching the intended recipients (victims, my word) in college towns through the campaign is cost effective and leaves an impression.

I was going to run on a bit here, but I believe the point has been made. As a father and grandfather, this bothers the hell out of me.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:21 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com