Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Morning folks. At the risk of boring everyone out of their gourd with the incessant nattering about my "get-fit" regimen I just have to pass this along because, damnit, I'm proud of what I've accomplished on sheer determination.

When I started out I set what I thought was an awfully ambitious goal of getting my weight down from 262 lbs to 220 before I left on the trip, figuring if I aimed high it would keep me at it. Well, as of this morning, I only have 6 lbs to go!!!!

So now I have a new 2-part goal. First, to lose my age (67) in lbs. That would bring me down to 195. Second, and the hardest part, will be to stay at that figure. I won't be able to accomplish that before I leave (June 9) but I'm going to try for 210.

It's just as well that I'm a bachelor because I'm so damned hungry that I'm afraid I'd practice cannibalism if I got near warm flesh. Although I'm eating enough nutrition to continue on this quest, obviously, it's still hard to break old habits. After a life-time of eating whatever, with no thought about consequences, this is hard work.

They say that the longer you work for something, the more you'll enjoy it when you attain it. I'm going to test that theory out when I hit the East Coast this summer. I'm going to find the biggest lobster I can, drown it in butter, and wash it down with lots of Guinness Stout. Come on summer!!!

Hope all is well with you guys, and also hope you forgive me for what might seem like bragging, but is really just me feeling good about how I'm doing.

Oh, if you're wondering what the heck I'm doing posting at this time of the day, it's because I pound myself so hard I'm in bed by 7 pm usually. Alone, damnit!


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:40 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com