Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Morning folks. I'm playing hooky from the walking today because it's raining, and my legs are sore. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, guess what?, natter time!

I've pretty well got my itinerary set for the trip that will end in Newfoundland. On this map you will see that when I arrive in North Sydney, Nova Scotia, I will be taking a ferry (Marine Atlantic) to the island. On the way east I'll take the dotted line to Argentia (14 hrs), tour the island, including of course Cape Spear, then come back to the mainland from Port Aux Basques (6 hrs).

Although I have travelled all my life through my career as a trucker, I've got to admit I'm really looking forward to this trip. I plan on visiting the places I lived as a small boy, including the schools if they are still standing. Hopefully some of the kids I grew up with are still around.

The Good Lord willing, and the harness holds, it will take me about a month to get to Argentia, then an equal amount of time to get back home. I've tried to plan it so that I'm not doubling back on the same roads too much, but there will be some that is unavoidable.

For those who might be geographically-challenged, here is an overview of of the entire trip. I'll be starting in the extreme bottom left of the country where the US border and the water meet, then across to the easternmost piece of land in North America.



After putting up with Timmy as long as I have, and still am, it's great that I was able to dig down and find the will to do what is necessary to get as fit as I can, because the reward, this trip, will be worth it. Hope you don't mind the nattering, but damn I'm looking forward to this!

Update: I was just asked about the relative size of Newfoundland.

It is slightly larger than Montana. 156,185 sq mi to 145,388.

Update # 2..Friday morning.

Sorry for the confusion, but the dotted line on the second map is the border. Other than crossing , I won't be anywhere near it. I would love to be able to lay my route out, but the truth is that I don't know how. Damn it!


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 6:50 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com