Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, January 06, 2006

Morning folks. When I told of my plans yesterday, I mentioned that one of the reasons I was making such a drastic life change was to eliminate a lot of stress, such as that in dealing with our health-care system. Before I get to the point of this post, I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about.

The one medication I get relief from they won't prescribe, no matter who pays for it, because it is habit-forming. Fair enough, sort of, you'll see in a minute. The outrageously priced medication that I need to survive, literally, they won't pay for, even though they were, and that I'm entitled to as a senior on limited income. Now read this:

The North American Opiate Medication Initiative, NAOMI, is offering hundreds of junkies (their word) the chance to join a research study that provides free heroin. Scientists want to know if hard-core addicts can live more healthy and productive lives with free, measured doses of heroin, a drug that is not harmful to the body.

B.C.'s Medical Health Officer, Perry Kendall, says that heroin, if used on a maintenance basis, is actually a very safe drug. He also says that heroin use does'nt knock years off people's lives. The article goes on yada, yada, yada, but I think you see the point I'm making.

They won't prescribe the drug I need to keep from screaming at times, and they won't pay for the drug I need to keep the tumor from growing, thus killing me, but if I was a junkie I'd be walking around with a grin on my face like a sheep that just took a shit in tall grass.

50 years I worked and paid taxes, medical premiums etc., and we're down to this. I prided myself over the years for just sucking it up and working through the aches and pains without so much as an aspirin, and now when I desperately need it, I'm told you're on your own.

Well, I'm going to maintain my pride, no more begging! I'll pay for the damn stuff as long as I can, but in the meantime I'm going back out on the road. Maybe one day I'll drive the Cookie Monster to the top of a mountain, get out, and in the loudest voice I can, holler "Y'all can kiss my ass"!!!


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:10 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com