Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Morning folks. Just popped in for a quick hey-howdy. Not much going on, sort of all quiet on the western front. Booper's appt. is'nt until 5 pm today, so I'm going to go and have a look at that Ambassador motor-home this morning. Funny how the rising price of fuel is taking the gung-ho-ness out of me. I paid $4.40 a gallon yesterday, and with Smirky McSwagger rattling sabers at Iran to take the heat off his corrupt cabal, we know what's coming.

I'm almost certain that fuel (gas or diesel) will be at least $6 in the North this summer, and with a vehicle getting 8 or 9 miles per gallon, well, do the math. I had planned 6000 miles over 4 months, but like I've told my sons many times, there is a big difference between having the money to buy something and being able to afford it. No wonder there are a gazillion of these things for sale.

At any rate I'm going to have to hold off on a final decision until this issue over my meds is resolved. If I end up having to pay for them myself ($14,600/yr) it won't much matter what fuel costs. I'm just so thankful that I have options, because many people don't have that luxury.

I've done a little homework, and found a unit that will still allow me to travel even if I have to pay for the meds. It does'nt have all of the amenities that I'd like, but fuel costs would'nt be a big concern. I figure I could just stop where the grass is long, re-fuel, and off we go.


Have a decent day, and BEHAVE!



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:40 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com