Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Morning folks. Well, that was a bit of fun yesterday with the Hooters thingy. I don't want to ride this horse right into the ground, but I've got a cute cartoon that fits one of the comments, that I'll put up later today. All in fun guys.

Boop's radiation went well, but again she covered with a blanket in the car on the way home, even though I had the temperature set at 90 degrees. Damn, I hate seeing people hurting, especially when there really is'nt anything I can do to help.

While in there I spoke to the pharmacist, and was assured my medication is the proper stuff. He thinks the reaction I got was stress-related, which I totally agree with. He also told me not to be concerned about the funding being cut off, as it was with the @#$%$# health care(?) plan. I had some blood work done last Friday and should get the results today, so I'll know if the dosage change is still keeping Timmy at bay.

As I was waiting for Boop in there yesterday I was noticing the volunteer workers, and the way they interact with the patients. Some were completely at ease and caring, while others made me wonder what the heck they were doing there. One little old lady in a wheel-chair kept trying to get some attention, to no avail, so I asked if there was something I could do for her. In a weak voice she asked if I could get her a cup of tea from the volunteer cart. Of course. When I went to the cart I was told I could'nt do that. WHAT? Let's just say that the lady got her tea, delivered by me, and somebody got an earful, also delivered by me!

That incident got me to thinking that even though I'm not ready to do it yet, I can see the day when volunteer work, of some kind, would be good for me. First I want to do some travelling, but I'm going to remember the cup of tea. God, you can give so much, without giving anything but a little of your time.

Okay guys, off you go. See you later today.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:16 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com