Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Morning folks. Once again I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I've yet to answer some of them but, be assured, I will be doing it. Thankfully something has happened to provide a diversion from the sadness.

With that recent event I almost feel guilty about being happy, but happy I am. When I made the decision to buy a good laptop and post from the road, I was determined to learn how to do it properly. Well, I've lucked out on both counts. Not only is this a great computer, but the young man I hired to set it up for me has turned out to be a godsend. I fondly refer to him as "Sparky, the wonder boy", but I have the utmost respect for his talents.

When he was here last evening setting up the wireless router I asked if he could show me how to audio/video post. Literally within minutes we made the one in the post below. Although it is of no consequence, I was just so happy that I had to post it. As I go along with it I'll find things to put up that make sense, but just being able to do it is so cool. Of course the idea for this began with my Little Babushka, aka, Dudette.

I often refer to myself as a low-tech guy in a high-tech world, and it just blows me away to get to this point. One of the things I've learned from Sparky is to not be afraid of trying things on here. Before, if I was'nt sure of something I would'nt try it. I'm still a bit shy, but have a little more confidence now. I was excited about the trip, then losing my sister took that away, but I'm back to being excited again. One of the reasons for the trip was to spend some time with my sister, which is no longer physically possible, but she is still a part of it.

Again, thank you for the comments. It was especially nice to hear from Brian, one of the truly good guys on here. Do yourself a favor and visit his site, often!

Well, I'm off to the beach to chase girls. Think I'll take the camera and try to take a video. If it turns out okay I'll post it later. If I mess up I'll just keep trying.
___________________________________________________________

Just back from my stroll (8:30am). Here's my first solo effort. It is awfully amateurish, but, DUH! I'll keep playing with it. HEY! I heard that.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 6:03 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com