Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, May 12, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I know it's not polite to blow your own horn, but how about tooting your own whistle? A while back I resolved to get my weight down from a high of 262 lbs to a "svelte" (HA!) 220. Well, when I stepped on the Toledos this morning, the magic number appeared. I had given myself until I left on The Great Escape, 4 weeks from now, to reach that goal, but now it looks like I'll make the amended figure of 210.

I'm sure grandson Bobby's rabbits will be glad to hear this because I've eaten every green, leafy, thing grown around here lately. So belly up to the salad bar boys, I'm about to start eating human food.

What makes this especially gratifying to me is the fact that in July of '02 I was given 6-8 months to live with this damn tumor, and for a long time I thought they were right. Another reason for feeling good about this is something that happened a long time ago.

In Sept. '81 I had a horrible wreck where I got busted up pretty bad (good?). I was trapped for so long, and in such a position, that the blood supply to the sciatic nerve in my right leg was cut off and I lost the use of the leg. After 181 days in the hospital, and many surgeries, I was told that I would never walk again. I simply would not accept that and set out to prove them wrong.

It was probably the single hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it was'nt long before I was back trucking. To this day the leg is not 100%, but if you were to follow me you'd never know it, except when I overdo it, then it's obvious. In fact you can step on my right foot and I won't feel it because the nerve has'nt fully regenerated, and never will.

It's amazing what the human spirit can accomplish when called upon. Some times we have to be taken to the wall to realize it, but it can be done.

I'm cheating a bit this morning by using the PC. I went back to the store yesterday and bought a stronger wireless router, and Sparky, the wonder lad, could'nt make it here to program it into the laptop. I was going to do it myself but don't feel confident enough, at least until I'm shown.

Sorry for rambling, but I'm feeling good about things lately. Hope things are going well for you guys. Remember, it's always darkest just before dawn


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:12 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com