Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Morning folks. Because of something that happened yesterday I was'nt going to post today, but L'il Bear reminded me of a saying on Super Dave's site.

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied

First a little history. As a young boy I got to the point where I was almost afraid to laugh, because something always happened to make me cry. I've long felt that had a lot to do in shaping my personality, but that's another story for another day.

On Friday I was tooting my whistle about how well things were going with my fitness regimen which, along with the new laptop, was a prelude to the big trip I've been planning. One of the reasons for the trip was to spend some time with my sister in Ontario.

Carole died yesterday.

While not totally unexpected, the suddenness of it brought me back to those childhood feelings. It takes a lot to make me cry these days, but today I'm that little boy again.

I'm still going to make the trip, but now it will be in her honor. While in Ontario I will go to every place we lived as children and belatedly apologize for not being there to protect her. I realize that is not totally rational, but it's my way of coping.

Thanks for letting me share the pain. I will find some joy to share.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:06 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com