Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Morning folks. Like a lot of men, I'm not real big on celebrating birthdays. In my case it comes from being uncomfortable with people fussing over me, not with the age. As a matter of fact I'm proud to be the age I am, and hope to be here for a long time.

This might seem a sneaky way of announcing that I turn 68 today, but it's really a way of acknowledging, and saying thanks, to those who have wished me well.

When I say thanks, I don't do it lightly. I'm convinced that you guys are part of the reason I'm still here.

After being given 6-8 months to live in July/02 I knew I had a fight on my hands. Initially it was tough, but at the urging of family I bought this computer, thereby allowing you into my life to "fuss" over me. That has been a god-send of sorts.

On the days when I feel like something the cat coughed up you guys always have a way of picking me up. Whether it's by a kind comment, a little kibbitzing, or an interest in how I'm doing, it's almost therapeutic.

As much as I enjoyed the trip this summer, I enjoyed even more having you along with me. You truly were the inspiration that made it possible.

I've learned a lot from you guys, and am still learning. A man can be as tough as a two-dollar steak, but no man is an island.

The only question I have is whether there will be a girl jumping out of the cake, and if so, will she be nekkid? I don't want to ruin the party by being overdressed.

So once again guys, THANK YOU!



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:39 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com