Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, June 25, 2006


Morning folks. As you can see, you-know-who up there has dropped in for his weekly "aww, is'nt he cute". One of these days I'm going to kick his lazy heinie to the curb. NOT!

Things have been going so well lately, especially since I hit the Maritimes, I was due for a trying day, and boy did I have one.

After posting yesterday I checked the weather and saw that they were calling for high winds and an inch of rain, so I high-tailed it out of there. Damn, they should have said an inch an hour because it was just like a cow peeing on a flat rock. Then the thickest fog I've seen in a while rolled in and I knew that I had my hands full. The locals told me that when these Atlantic storms come in they do so with a vengeance.

Fought my way to Grand Falls, where I found 2 motels. One I would'nt have accepted a complimentary room in, the other asked $129 + 15% tax. This from a place where the dining room/restaurant was closed, the lounge was closed, the old clerk looked like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, and the nearest anything was 3 miles away. I actually looked around for the cameras, because I was sure I was in a scene from the Twilight Zone. doo doo doo doo.

Pushed on to Gander, where I was told there was lot's of motels. There was, there was also about a gazillion bikers having their annual whatever. Available rooms: 0 to the tenth power. Back on the road.

A short distance later I did find a nice place, with a friendly owner, but alas, no internet access. Since I have a flock to tend, you got 'er, back on the road.

14 long hard hours later, and 437 miles, I arrived here in Clarenville, where I'm in a nice spot. The good thing is I got 'er done. The gooder thing is I'm less than 2 hours from my destination, Cape Spear. YEE *** HAW!

I did'nt get a chance to shoot a dorky video, or take any pictures, because of the weather. When I finally did run out of the real bad stuff I was so cross-eyed from staring into that fog, all I was looking for was to get off the road.

Darn it Jude, I can't find the brochure with the specs on the ferry, but if you go here you'll be able to read about it. Also there is a map of the routes. I went from North Sydney to Port aux Basques, drive to St. John's, then I'll go down to Argentia (AR-JEN-SHA) and take the 16 hour ferry back to North Sydney. On that one I'll get a cabin.

Blogger is messing with me again. I've been trying to post a picture or two from the past couple of days with no luck, so I guess that's it for today. Take care.

Hang on a minute, I'll try the same as I did the other day. Make another post, mess with the time, and hopefully it will come in after this one, because I hate giving up. Truth is it's 5 am here, 12:30 am my time, so I just picked the middle.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:45 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com