Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, June 23, 2006

Morning folks. I say that out of habit, because I'm starting this yesterday. Huh? You know what I mean, don't try to get cute with me! I hope you can sense that I'm in a good mood, because frankly I could'nt be any other way.

The drive to North Sydney today, to use a five-dollar word, was idyllic. I'd almost forgotten how beautiful this part of the country is, and don't get me started on the people. Guys like this for example, who when I asked, said, "sure bye(boy), I'll show you the engines". Having spent my life around engines, you'll never know the treat it was to go below decks and see the massive engines on the ferry. Here is my new "bud", and just one side of two V-16 monsters. I was in hog heaven!





The ferry ride was perfect. I was the first car on, and first car off. It was almost like "Welcome back Bob, where ya been bye?"



The rest of the day was spent driving through scenes like this. I can only hope these pictures show just a part of the beauty of this wonderful place.





I took 36 pictures, and obviously can't put them all up, but you get the idea. You know, the first part of the trip I simply had to put those miles in, for a number of reasons. But now that I'm here, I'm determined to show, and tell, you, of a simply wonderful part of our great country.

And now for the dorky video of the day.



I've just previewed that, and realize I've got to get better at it. The problem is my little camera is limited as to distance/focus, but leave it with me, because one way or another, I'll do a decent job.

I've been trying to post a couple more pictures but Blogger is being Blogger. Think when I get home I'm going to try another way. I know it's free, but damnit, charge me what you will, but quit this nonsense.

Not sure about today. Might hang around here and take the last ferry of the day that will put me in(on) Newfoundland first thing tomorrow morning (6 hour sailing). Then it's 560 miles to St. John's, where I'll stay for a while. Cape Spear is not far from there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just booked passage on the 12:30 pm sailing, which will put me over there this evening. Not sure about accomodation at that end, could be a long night of driving.

I'll see you with, hopefully, a dorky video and some pictures soon.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:40 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com