Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Morning folks. Before I tell you about the bonehead stunt I pulled yesterday, I've got to tell you about a close call I had in Grand Junction Monday morning. You might want to get a cup of coffee, because this is going to be a rather long post.

Up early as usual, checked out of the motel, loaded the car, and drove across the road to gas up. You did know that gassing up in the cool of the day was best, did'nt you? Anyhoo, got that done, went inside to pay for it, and as I turned to leave realized that I was trapped. I did'nt see it on the way in, but standing between me and the door stood a display case of, gasp, freshly baked KRISPEY KREME donuts! I looked around for another exit, but not finding one, knew that the calorie Gods were punishing me for depriving them of their due during my fitness craze.

Alright bucko, let's see what you're really made of. Walked boldly up to the case, opened the door, and let the aromas waft over me. Almost immediately the feelings of guilt started. The little guy on my right shoulder said "DO IT, and get a six-pack to go". The little guy on my left shoulder said " remember the untold miles of walking, sore legs, sit-ups, lint, weights, more lint, rice cakes, well, don't blow it". Oh, the agony and the ecstacy. Well, you'll be proud of me, I walked out of there a chaste man. And a big ol' WUSS!

Now yesterday. Because I had decided to cut the miles back, before checking out I went to the dining room, had a leisurely breakfast, read the paper, did the crossword, and just dawdled. Finally got back up on I-80, headed east, and was truckin' along like a man in his right mind, when, 48 miles down the road, it hit me. I left the AC power cord for the laptop plugged into the wall. WONDERFUL! Found an exit, crossed over the interstate, and doubled back to retrieve the cord. On the way back every curse word known to man, and a few I invented, were used by me, to me!

Got that done and realized that I had almost a hundred miles on, and had'nt gained an inch. Thankfully the rest of the day went well, with scenes like this:



Don't know what's happening with Blogger, but I've been trying to post a couple of more pictures along the same line without success. Oh well, you get the idea, just a nice pleasant drive down the road. Weather was great, high about 88 degrees, car was running great, hell, I was just doing my thang!

Could'nt find a motel to my liking in Des Moines, so I continued on to Newton, IA, where I am now at the Ramada. After checking in and cleaning up, I went for a walk, had a nice dinner of chicken chimichangas, mexican rice, re-fried beans, shrimp skewer (d'uh) and washed it all down with a cold Corona with lime wedge.

It's a tough task you guys have given me to perform, but I'm bearing up well. Truth is I have'nt been this content for a long time. My life truly was on the road, and I'm so thankful to be able to be back out here under any circumstances.

Not sure about today. I'll get past Chicago, but am thinking of changing course again. Might jump off I-80 just past Gary, Indiana, onto I-94, and stay around Benton Harbor, Michigan, tonight. If I do that I'll take I-69 up to Port Huron, Michigan, tomorrow and cross the Blue Water bridge into Sarnia, Ontario, then continue on to Newfoundland through Canada.

I sincerely hope that each and every one of you get to live your dreams, as I am living mine. When the doctors gave up on me, I did'nt! I goof around a lot, but it was a struggle, yet what in life is'nt? So hang in guys, and just like me, you will in your own way, one day "git on down the road".

P.S. To my little "snubbee"... I will try to wire a dozen long-stemmed up there today, if I can find some black ones. (Oh God, I'll pay for that one!)



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:06 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com