Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, June 08, 2006

D-DAY MINUS ONE

Morning folks. Don't know why I had'nt come up with this system for packing before, because it's a snap. First make a list of every thing you think you'll need, then cross every second thing off the list. What you have left will easily fit into two bags. When it's time to go, leave one bag behind. I could be on to something here.

Seriously (who me?) I've got everything pretty well in hand. Laundry and, ugh, ironing done, shirts, pants, jackets, etc. hanging in the car, pillow and blanket in there, electric cooler stocked up, few tunes for the road, hell I'm ready to go truckin'.

Today I'll do the Molly Maid thing and give the place a good cleaning. Boop will be over every 2 or 3 days to collect the mail and open the windows for air. She actually likes to come over and spend a few hours reading and just get away from the stress in her life, in fact it was a common thing when I was still on the road.

All my utilities have been paid well ahead so Boop does'nt have to worry about any bills in the mail. Banking has been looked after, and the only other thing in that regard is to go to the Currency Exchange place, give them a pound of flesh, and buy some US travellers cheques.

I've decided to do away with that travel blog, The Great Escape, and just continue to post here, hopefully, 2 or 3 times a week. That thing was born out of boredom anyway. Who am I kidding, I have enough trouble keeping one site half interesting.

Unless something goes sideways, I should be on the road at 5 or 6 tomorrow morning. I'll "peck" out a short Blast Off post today and stick it up before I leave.

Well, that should be enough nattering to fulfill my boredom quotient for today, and make your eyes glaze over. Ton o' small things to do, so I best get at 'er. Later Dude(tte)!


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:10 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com