Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, June 16, 2006

Morning folks. How better to start the day than truckin' on down the boulevard listening to a little CCR. Turn your speakers up a bit.



The weather, as you can see, was just right for driving. No glare from the sun, temp 69 degrees, and a few tunes. The weather did eventually clear up and actually got up to 96 in the Chicago area, and that's when the axe handle broke.

First this mess about 40 miles west of Chicago, due to a serious accident with fatalities.



Took about 2 hours to get through that, and then it got bad. Believe it or not, I did'nt get out of the #$% construction(?) until I arrived here in Kalamazoo, MI. Every time I got to fussin' and cussin', all I had to do is look at the miles of truckers who were burning up over-priced fuel inching along, and I realized I did'nt have it so bad. I got to come in off the road into a great room at the Best Western, while those poor guys were going to have to haul butt all night long to make up lost time and get their loads in. Been there, done that, and am so thankful I am where I am.

Every morning I stand my clothes up, and the first thing to fall over is what I wear that day. I'm looking over there now and it's like a row of little soldiers standing at attention. Guess it's laundry day. Maybe now people will quit wrinkling their nose when they talk to me.

Now I have a confession to make. I've mentioned, many times, how this computer, and blogging in particular, literally saved my life when I was forced into retirement and made to deal with Timmy. But lately I've been thinking that it was becoming almost an obsession, because the first, and I do mean the FIRST, thing I do when I get up in the morning, or check into a room, is fire up the puter'.

But upon thinking more about it I realize that I do it because I want to, and enjoy it. No one is forcing me. The encouragement I get from you guys makes this, if anything, a healthy obsession, because what would experiences of any kind be if you could'nt share them?

Although I'm basically a loner, I don't know where I'd be without you guys. It would almost be like nobody cared what you did, and that would be truly sad. Sure, my family loves me and cares about me, but you guys are my other family, and that just rounds it out for me. What the heck brought that on?

This trip is putting a lot of things in perspective for me. There will be lot's of time for play later, but first I had to turn the wheels, because that's when I have always been able to see things clearly. And I like what I see!!!

I'll be crossing the border this morning and will probably get to Cobourg, Ontario today. That is where my sister Carole lived before her recent passing, so I'll be paying my respects in my own way.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:07 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com