Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Morning folks. Well, I got my laundry done before I left KZOO, but frankly I think this whole laundry thing is over-blown. I mean, when your clothes are clean they won't stick to you, and you lose that close bond you had with them. I have seriously got to find a friend! heh heh

The drive up to Port Huron went well, in fact I even stopped twice. Once to gas, and once to grab a big 'ol Wendy's Double. Lettuce, tomato, onion. No cheese. There is going to be a LOT more stopping from now on, as you'll learn below.

First, here is the obligatory dorky video of the day:



Here is a still of the same site. Very busy southbound, not so northbound.



Rolled up to Canada Customs, answered 2 inane questions, and off I went. Now comes the part where you'll maybe understand why I've been doing so much driving each day. Take a quick look at these pictures, and I'll explain:





Exactly 4 years ago this week I picked up a load of TV's at Otay Mesa, the truck border crossing at Tiajuana, bound for Toronto. All the way up I was feeling lousy, in fact had been for awhile. I took it as just running too hard, but could'nt understand the headaches. Little did I know that I had a new "friend" on board.

When I got to that weigh scale, just inside the border, I knew I had a problem. The head pain was crippling me, so because the scale was closed that Sunday morning, I pulled in and parked in that very lane my car is sitting beside. That was the very spot where my life began to come apart.

To this day I don't know how I did it, but I got the load to Toronto, unloaded the next morning, went to a different part of the city, picked up a load of dog food, and took it to Vancouver. With not so much as an aspirin, yet the doctors put me on morphine when the tumor was found.

When they gave me that infamous "6-8 months" prognosis, they in effect washed their hands of me, which caused me needless years of suffering. Well, the hell I was going to lay down. So I fought as hard as I could, learned what I could from the internet, and doc, no thanks to you, look at me now!

Some of you may have thought that for the past 8 days I've been driving like a man on a mission. Well, the fact is I was. I was determined to return to that very spot and close the circle, thereby taking my life back.

I don't have words to describe the feelings I felt when I took those pictures yesterday, but I'm not a damned bit ashamed to admit that my eyes got awfully "sweaty".

On the way up that trip I stopped at Nevada Landing as I always did, and it was important for me to go down there and re-trace my steps. I've just done that, to the mile.

This all ties in with what I said yesterday about sharing. My real family knew what I was doing, and now you, my blog family, do as well.

I'll spend some time "with" Carole today, and then my real vacation will start. Because, baby, I'M BACK!!!


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:08 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com