Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Friday, May 18, 2007

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Here I am on what should be a most relaxing trip, and I'm up at 2 AM looking around for something to do. I didn't think that it would happen instantly, but I had hoped that my internal clock would re-set to a more normal schedule. Oh well, I did get my usual 4 hours of sleep last night, and I do feel fine.

Had a wonderful dinner and visit with Ralph and Eleanor last evening, and am looking forward to spending more time with them on the weekend. I think I wore them out with questions about the RV lifestyle because, like anything else, it is a learning experience. She was able to give me lot's of pointers on looking after things on the inside, while he and I discussed the mechanical end of things. Since they have had motor-homes for years, you can bet I listen to, and appreciate, their advice.

I'm sure glad I got the furnace fixed when I did because I'm sitting here looking out at about 3 inches of snow so far last night, and it's still snowing. As soon as daylight breaks I'll take a few pics and post them later. The outside temp is not all that bad, 0C, but inside it's nice and warm. I mention the temp because if it drops much further I'll have to keep an eye on my water hose hooked up to their house. I'm also plugged in electrically and am on their wireless network. I'm spoiled I tell you, spoiled!

Holy smokes, look at the size of those snowflakes! This is so neat, sitting here in the Bear as snug as a bug in a rug, nattering away with my blog family. Although it's awfully early, you might as well hand me a Bud Lite, because it ain't going to get any better than this.

Here's a couple more pics of the great wood carvings in Chetwynd B.C. It was almost 2 years ago when I put the last ones up on my way to Alaska in the car. What a wonderful feeling it is to have kept Timmy at bay and be back here in the Bear. I give thanks everyday.






Ralph is letting me use his neat little Jeep TJ today, and for while I am here, so I've got lot's of visiting with my ol' log haulin' buddies lined up. Sat out at the truck stop yesterday with a couple of them and all the years vanished. Although it's been 22 years, it was like we had just stopped to fill our mugs, shoot the breeze a bit, and head out to the bush for another load. The wonderful thing is my trip is just beginning. All the way up the Alaska Highway I've got similar visits with ol' truckin' buddies to look forward to. Are you starting to get what I meant about the peace and serenity I feel up in this country?

Since I'm online while I'm here you can look forward(?) to lot's more nattering. What a treat it is for me to be here, yet still able to connect with you all. Take care of yourselves, and I'll see you later.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:48 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com