Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Well, the sleep gods must have got tired of my whining, because boy!, did I put a shift in last night. After another wonderful dinner and visit with Ralphy and Eleanor, I turned in at 9:30 and didn't stir until 5 this morning. Even then I probably would have stayed under the covers but I was afraid the dam was going to burst. Sure didn't have any trouble getting things started, but was afraid I'd never get it shut off. Damn, that performance would have done a camel proud!

Yesterday I mentioned that we had a bit of snow, and lest you think I was maybe exaggerating, here is what it looked like at daybreak. Keep in mind that when I turned in there was nothing but green grass out there.

These are the steps on the Bear. I had to be careful getting out so that I didn't fall and go boom.


Underneath this is Eleanor's car. By the time I swept this, Ralphy's come-and-pick-me-up truck, the Jeep, and the Bear, you bet I was ready for a big ol' bowl of gruel (oatmeal). Felt great!




Oops, how did that get in here? Close your mouth you ol' fool, or at least put your teeth in. And you could have cleaned the snow off your shoulders before you came in, sheesh! With that plate in the background behind my head it looks like Im wearing one of those Yamahas, heh heh. That's Ralphy's Winnebago Vectra in the back yard through the window. Beautiful machine!


This morning the snow is pretty well all gone, and it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock. Now there's a turn of phrase for you, damn I'm in a goofy mood today. The temperature is sitting at 38F, so no more worries about frozen water lines. It's supposed to rain hard all day, turn to cloudy tomorrow, then get real nice beginning on Monday. I've got enough things planned to get me through until Wednesday, then I'll probably head on up the Alaska Highway. Slowly! I probably won't hit Dawson City until the end of next month.

The inability to do much outside today doesn't bother me, because I have lots to do in here. Things like install a fluorescent light over the kitchen sinks, a venetian blind over the main door window, a Purex water filter for the drinking water thingy by the sink, and I'm sure I'll find more things to fuss with in here.

As soon as it dries up outside, I'm going under the beast and change the O2 sensor in the exhaust system in an effort to improve the gas mileage. The engine runs great, but boy!, it sure do suck up the gas. At $5.81 a gallon up here, and going higher, 8 miles to the gallon is just not cutting it. I'm probably packing too much weight, but still....

There you have it guys, another chapter in, as Big Dave puts it, Where in the Northwest is Trucker Bob, what's he doing, and who cares.

Take care, and I'll see ya tomorrow.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 5:24 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com