Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Since yesterday was my little Babushka's anniversary, L'il Bear dug out this ol' action photo of her back in the day when she was the star attraction at the Yellerbed Hotel in her home town.

Truckers from all over would jockey for loads there just to catch her act, especially the finale, Dudettes Dance of the Seven Veils. Ah the mammeries, er, memories.

Besides that little bit of frivolity, damn little!, I'm happy to report that another great day was had by me here at my bud's, although I thought that I was going to have company in the Bear last night after his little faux pas.

Since Ralphy and Eleanor both work, I decided that I would busy myself with the few chores I wanted to get done here in the Bear, and let them sleep in and get some much-needed rest. At about 10:30 I was nicely finishing up when Ralphy came out and asked me in for coffee. After a relaxing visit, we made our plans for the day. Eleanor had a few things to do, including getting her hair done, so he and I went and did a little shopping and just goofed around.

We met up later in the day at Wal-Mart where I was picking up a few things for the Bear, and Eleanor, looking mighty fine in her new do, asked if we were ready to go for lunch. Just as I was about to say, good idea, Ralphy, bless his heart, came out with, did you get your hair done yet? OUCH!

Have you ever wished you were somewhere else? heh heh She just laughed, in fact we all had a good laugh, but Ralphy, how could you?

But then later I goofed up too. After spending a couple of hours with him going over the Bear, and because she had been cooking dinner every night, I decided to give her a break and have dinner in the Bear by myself. Problem was I didn't tell them, all I said was, well Ralphy, I'm going "home", I'll see you later. You bet Robert!

So in I go, clean up, make a little dinner, and was just relaxing when Ralphy came out and said, "dinner is ready". OOPS!

When I went in and told her what I'd done, she just laughed and said, sit down and eat. Let's just say I went to bed well fed last night! She had set out roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, etc., and I had just eaten!

What else could I do but try and be a good guest and show my appreciation by cleaning my plate. Even the second one. Damn that was good! Almost needed help getting out of the chair.

So all in all, another great day with my buds. Everyone should have friends like this that absolutely make you feel at home, and I'm sure that a lot of you do.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I'll see you tomorrow.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:53 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com