Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Morning folks. As accustomed as I've become to the peace and quiet I found in the Yukon this summer, and now here in Clinton, with the temperature here this morning at -3C, I think the sign says it all.


I guess it's time to return to so-called civilization, although I shudder at the memories of traffic scenes like this. Having spent countless hours inching along some freeway or another I'm not anxious to go back to it, but I'll just grit my tooth, get it over with, and hopefully find a quiet place down there.

Although I'm absolutely not anti-social, I've come to realize that in a lot of ways I've always lived in my own cocoon, the cab of my truck. Get loaded, fueled up, shower, eat, etc, and for the next few days I was in my place. Then I would have to deal with people. Get unloaded, re-loaded etc, and off to the next adventure. In some ways I'm still living that life here in the Bear.

It's certainly not the life for everyone, but I feel fortunate that I can still live it. There will come a day I suppose when it will no longer be possible, but I don't want to think of that. You take my "wheels" away and you might as well pull the plug.

Alright, that's enough soul-searching for now. There are still two possible winter sites up here to check out, but I'm not hopeful. By Monday I'll know, and if they don't pan out then I'll start preparing to "Crank on 'er". If it turns out that way I'll probably leave in three weeks, but either way I'm okay with it.

Hope you're all well, and I'll probably see you tomorrow.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:10 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com