Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Morning folks. Boy, that week flew by in a hurry, seems like only Thursday. Must be that daylight savings time thingy.

Anyhoo, I so much appreciate your comments, and truth be told, I missed coming on here too, if for no other reason than to say Hi. So let's just play it by ear from now on.

Monday I went for a big ol' ride (4 1/2 hrs) by myself. I understand that there is safety in numbers but I prefer to go where I want to go, never have been much of a follower. I am always well prepared with emergency equipment, and stay constantly aware of where I am in relation to a road or wash to get me home. The worst that could happen is that I'd have a long walk if I totally broke down. Although I did something yesterday that gives lie to that, but believe me I won't be doing it again. I'll explain after the pics.

Here we are at the Tee and "Green" at the number 6 hole on the lush Quartzsite Golf and Country Club. It's quite exclusive, but I got a press pass as correspondent for In The Driver's Seat. Got such a kick out of watching the guys trying to find their balls. (No, I'm not going there) Don't forget to embiggen.


This is actually where General Patton trained. Such a sense of history as I rode around out there. Of course this shot is just a tiny piece of where he put his tanks through their paces.


Total freedom! I sat up there and just marveled at where I was and how I had got there. I thought back to the day when I was told to get my affairs in order, and it made me more determined than ever to continue this adventure I've been on. Having you guys along is just icing on the cake.


Tuesday was a Timmy day, didn't do much except go downtown to buy a new coffee machine. Had a little oopsy, forgot to put water in it the night before. Shouldn't have been a biggie because I had a new one as a spare. First time I use it the carafe cracked, and yes I had water in it. GRRR!! Didn't think I'd find one here, but did, and oddly enough it's a Proctor-Silex, the same model that I had at home and gave away.

Yesterday went for a ride and almost had a cat's-ass trophy. So close! I was riding around not too far out, and was eyeing this hill working up the nerve to try it, because it was steep. Finally gritted my tooth and went for it. Was almost to the top when I realized that I'd either have to drop a gear or give it more throttle, and being afraid it would come back over me if I shifted, I opened 'er up. Soon as I did the front wheels lifted and I dove across the handlebars, all the while reaching as far back as I could to keep the throttle open, or for sure it would have gone over backwards. Scared me so bad I wouldn't even go back down, I found another way. Talk about leaving a skid mark! Believe me, I won't be doing that again, or at least not until I do my laundry.

So there you have it guys, not sure it was worth the wait, but just wanted to let you know that all is well, even if I do act crazier than a cut cat at times. Ah well, life is for the living.

So let's try this again, see ya Monday, except of course for replies to any comments.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:19 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com