Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, April 09, 2007

Well, got another 2 productive days in of getting Big Bear ready this weekend. Saturday I shopped the flyers and stocked up on a lot of non-perishable food items, mostly canned goods, but also dry foods like pasta, cereals, rice, noodles, oatmeal, flax seed, etc etc. Also got most of my cleaning supplies, paper towels, and personal hygiene products. Yep, even put in some extra smell-good.

Then because the weather was so nice, I spent a few hours on the outside of it removing a ridiculous amount of caulking around all the wall and roof seals. I've not noticed any signs of a leak, or even moisture, so it's sealed well, but talk about overkill. What I thought would be simply scraping off the overage wasn't quite so simple, but it's done, and looks a lot better.

Yesterday the rains returned so I spent the day on the inside. In fact I spent most of the day on my knees in the bathroom. What fun!

Some stumble-footed creature had cracked the rail that the pleated shower curtain rides in, and apparently got the maniac with the caulking gun to repair it. Instead of trying to make it look better I tore it all out, and repaired it with, of all things, a small tube of model glue. Worked like a damn!

Then, hoping I wouldn't find any surprises, (I didn't) I lifted the carpet around the throne and disinfected the floor. Not the most tasteful of chores, because I don't know who or what ( or their aim) was using it, but now I have peace of mind.

Today I'm going to remove the furnace floor vents (7), spray disenfectant down the ducts, then wirebrush and paint them. Also spray the vents on all 3 air conditioners (2 roof, and the dash).

I'm certainly not trying to put Molly Maids out of business, but they should know that there is a new cleaner in town!

Hope you're all well. See ya later.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:21 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com