Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Morning folks. You know sometimes I'm a real slow learner. After moaning yesterday about having to bum rides etc, the light finally came on. I'm sitting in my "ride", sheesh!

In less than 10 minutes I can have my awnings up, hydraulic legs up, electrical cord unplugged and coiled, the water hose unhooked, and I'm truckin'. In fact I'll be doing that very thing this morning. Drive into town, find a safe place to park, and take all the time I want doing whatever.

I will be also taking the Bear out to the dredge, up to Dome Mountain, and any other spot I want to see. Also, instead of limiting my shopping to just a couple of bags in case I have to walk back, I can pick up enough that I don't have to go in so often. Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings, too soon we get old, and too late we get smart. Oh well, caught it time before I punched somebody out for all the phoney excuses why they couldn't give me a ride.

I know I can be difficult at times, but I would give anyone a ride, to anywhere, at any time. And have! This is getting awfully close to a whine, so I'll drop it.

Just realized what day it is, and must admit I miss the Saturday Chuckles, and L'il Bear Sundays. But I must also admit that with the Bear having all the comforts of home, I don't miss so-called civilization, other than that which I'm not allowed to talk about anymore.

I've often said that I'm glad to have been born into an era with so many technological advances, but I really feel I could have handled life back in the days when this place, for example, was coming alive. Tougher for sure, but much simpler. There is just too much BS in the world, at all levels, for me. Sometimes it's better the devil we know than the devil we don't, but it doesn't hurt to dream, and the Yukon is full of dreams.

Take care of yourself guys, see you later.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 4:34 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com