Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Morning folks. Well, the big evening went fine, and I didn't even have to go into town. I dug around in the root cellar and came up with a chicken, and enough ingredients to make a pretty nice potato salad, some sliced tomatoes, and some cheese. Heck, I even had dessert.

Although we've had our share of rain lately, the burn bans are still on after that heat wave, and because I still haven't bought a barbeque, it meant no cooking over the campfire, so I made things on the stove and oven. No big deal really.

Once the bird was cooked I picked it clean and set it in the fridge, same with the salad. It worked out great because we had another scorcher yesterday, and a nice cold plate went well. Washed down of course with a cold can of Alexander Keith's.

While wandering around in the bush one day I came across a patch of wild raspberries, so voila', instant dessert. Didn't have many, just enough to go around.

They were either being nice to me, or they really liked it, because everything was eaten, and I mean everything! Didn't even leave enough pickin's for lunch today. Sheesh!

I didn't hear any ambulances during the night so I guess the ptomaine poisoning hasn't kicked in yet. They're leaving this morning, so when I go over for coffee I'll get them to sign disclaimers, just in case.

So there you have it guys, my first time entertaining at Chez Bear, and if I do have to say so myself, it went well.

Nothing big planned for today, just more R & R. The way the days are flying by it won't be long and I'll be heading south. I'm out of here on the morning of the 28th, and as for the trip itself, I still haven't decided on the details. Lots of time for that.

See ya later.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:19 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com