Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, October 28, 2007


Morning folks. So how is everything down at your end of the melon patch? The weather finally started to cool a bit here yesterday, in fact we even had a little cloud cover. With the sun partially blocked, even at 94F it was pleasant, enough so that I got 2 walks in. I'm not quite back to where I was 2 years ago when I was on that health kick, but each day I'm out there working at it.

Speaking of health, I was almost back to being able to do my "business" without screaming like a banshee when another stone showed up. This one thankfully was much smaller, but it still brings a high-pitched yodel. Because of the heat here I'm of course drinking lots of water, so its been pretty melodious around the Bear the past few days. To the uninitiated it might sound like I'm strangling a cat in here, but anyone, especially male, that has ripped up the drain pipe knows what it's like.

Now to Dixie. I'm more convinced than ever I did the right thing by her by finding her that home in the country in Clinton. The little darlin' just loved running in the grass, and of course there is absolutely not a blade of it around here. To bring her down here, when she hated travelling to begin with, to lay on a hot concrete slab at the end of a chain would have been cruel. There are, I'm told, 50 sites in this park, and other than the manager's dog that hardly ever comes out of the house, there is not another dog to be seen.

The last time I saw her she was where an active dog should be, having free rein on her little estate, not tied up in the heat. As much as I hated to see her go, I'm equally as glad that she's where she belongs.

Not much planned this week other than shopping around for an ATV. Found a few more in the local buy-and-sell type paper, in fact I've signed on to their website, so hopefully it will work out soon. The other thing of course is to get my TV turned on. As soon as I get that accomplished I've got a satellite dish lined up, then I'm all set. Phone, Internet, water tank, and soon (I hope) transportation. But in the meantime there's always shank's pony.

Hope your weekend is going well, and I'll probably find something to natter about tomorrow.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:06 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com