Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Morning folks. Little slow on the draw today, in fact wasn't going to show up at all, but figured that since I mentioned the l'il guy up there I'd better keep my word. Besides, I need something to snap me out of the way I feel. I've had my butt whupped and felt better than this, damn!

I don't know whether you-know-who is testing me again, or I've overdone it with all the walking in the heat, but yesterday was not good. I seem to be coming out of it, but I'm going to lay low for a couple of days. I actually got dressed yesterday and thought I could walk it off, but my balance was kerblooey so I just hung around here all day.

The heat yesterday didn't help but I think it was just because I wasn't feeling well. It stayed at 104F under the awning most of the day, then the winds came. Damn, it was like being in a blast furnace. I don't run the A/C that much because it stuffs me up, but the shower sure got used.

The winds blew so hard in the night I'm almost afraid to see if the awnings made it. I did go out a couple of times and checked but finally just played out. If you're wondering why I didn't just put them up, it's because of the way I've got them secured. I would have had to get a ladder and remove the clamps I have securing the tarp part to the arms, and I just didn't have the jam. But the Bear was sure rockin' in the night, and you could have come a-knockin' because it wasn't me doing it.

There, a couple of cups of joe, a couple of smokie-butts, a little hunt-and-pecking on here and I'm starting to come around a bit. Other than the heat part because of where I am, I go through this every once in a while, but as I've said before, it sure beats the alternative. 6-8 months indeed! If this little blip hadn't shown up I had planned to talk about Dixie today, but I can do that another time.

Now I know I'm coming around, I'm hungrier than a rat, so I'm going to cook me up a big ol' breakfast. Ham steak, eggs, pan fries with grilled onions, and sliced tomatoes. YES! I'd better keep feeling better because that's a pile of dishes to clean up. Who knows, might even be able to have a nap before the heat returns.

Amazing how therapeutic this blogging is for me. I went from feeling like something the cat coughed up to looking forward to chowing down big time. So enough natterin', I have some kitchen duties to attend to.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes as well as mine seems to be shaping up to be. As always, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for being there to help me over these little humps.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 5:51 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com