Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Morning folks. Greetings from the gravel pit, the warm, sunny gravel pit. I so much appreciate where I am after watching the weather clear across the country the last few days. I mentioned the bit of rain we had last Friday, but how about Bremerton WA...10.7 inches in 24 hours! Since there is the same amount of moisture in a foot of snow as there is in an inch of water, can you imagine getting 10 feet of snow and having it all melt in a day. Yikes!

Things are going well here for me, although it's hard to believe we're only 2 1/2 weeks away from Xmas. Tooling around on the Quad yesterday in a T-shirt at 80F will do it to you. Okay, since I managed to sneak my trusty steed into the natterin', here's some shots from my big ride on Monday.

This shot I took about 8 miles west of Quartzsite at about 11 am. I realize you can't really see much of the town, but the blue sky and mountains in the background made me want to share the raw beauty of the area.


This is basically the same shot from a different angle. That hump you see on the right is Q mountain, that I showed over one of the trailers here in the park when I first arrived.


You can't really see the steepness here, but it's actually the side of a mountain. If you look this way from where the Quad is sitting you'll notice a lip on the ground. I had intended to ride up there but after last weeks near mishap, I decided to let discretion be the better part of valor. So I carefully got it turned around, parked it down there, and walked up.


This is the top of the mountain I was on. I had wanted to take the above pictures from the top, but again, decided not to chance it because I was slipping back too much on the rocks. Being alone makes you more safety conscious, that and being miles from town.


This is a pet cemetery I found on the way back. By the look of the signs this was far more than just dumping their animals out there. Knowing how attached I got to Dixie in the short time I had her I can understand this, totally. That mountain in the background on the left is where I took the other pictures. I made it to the top of that clearing.


Hope these shots give you an idea of what it's like here. Also hope you like them, because there will be plenty more.

Since Monday and Thursday are the days I take my so-called "head pills", that basically keep me alive, and also since this blog has made living so enjoyable while battling Timmy, what say I post on those days for the next while? Hopefully I won't get stale, and you won't get bored.

Not wanting to be a tease, but next Monday's post will be chock full of goods news. Really! Something is going to be happening over the holidays, and much beyond, that I'll share with you. Let's just say for now that Santa is coming to town.

Have a good weekend guys, and I'll see you on Monday.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 1:55 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com