Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, February 04, 2008

Morning folks, although I should say good afternoon since I am starting this on Sunday. The creative juices tap has been open for days, but the only thing coming out are little dribbles of natter, so what the hey, let's go with what we have. But first.....

You all know how I feel about the support I get here from all of you, and while I'm loath to single any one person out, in this case I don't hesitate. Dave has been a friend for what seems like forever, and when the guilt feelings about not visiting finally got to be too much for me on Friday I went over and I'm glad I did. If you want to read a heart-warming story, do yourself a favor and check his site out, not just for that story but for all that he puts on his site. Now, natter time...

Also on Friday, I "de-camped", took the Bear out on the big road (I-10), and stretched it's legs. As always it ran like a champion, right up to xx mph (better not say, might get my wrist slapped, but it was just under Mach 1). heh heh

On the way back I filled the propane tank, and that brings me to a big ol, hmmm. In the 4 months I've been here gasoline has gone down 20 cents/gal, and propane has gone up 80 cents/gal. Since most RVs are parked for the duration here, but using the furnace, stove, etc I suppose it could be said that we're a captive audience. This is just one of the many things that might make Quartzsite a 'been there, done that' experience.

Well, the Super Bore game will be starting in a couple of hours, and since I always root for the underdog....Go Giants! Wonder how the tail-gate parties will go with the big wind and rain storm on it's way in? The wind here is steady at 30 mph, and it's darker than the inside of a cow. Yep, here comes the rain, right on time. No problemo for me, I've got the awnings up, outdoor furniture in the storage shed, cold ones in the fridge, and the makings for a big ol' snack tray. Later.

Update..1:45 am

The big storm has passed, the snack tray was delicious, the cold ones turned out to be a Pepsi (what a wuss!), and my team won. I realize that professional sports are all about money, but it was nice of them to interrupt the commercials for a few minutes of football. Sheesh! Luckily there was a Law and Order marathon running on another channel.

Have a good week guys, take care of yourselves, and I'll see you on Thursday.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 1:50 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com