Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, July 09, 2006



Morning folks. Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig. I must admit, it's so nice to be back in my own home instead of those blankety-blank motel rooms. L'il Bear was so overcome with emotion at being back he fell into a coma, but then again it doesn't take too much to put him to sleep.

My regular readers know how much the trip meant to me, so I won't belabor the point, except to say thank you for letting me share this important chapter in my life. It was truly an odyssey.

The last leg of the 10,132 mile journey went so well, I took the longer, more scenic route home. It included one last ferry ride across Kootenay Lake. I took lot's more pictures that I'll put up later.



I took this shot half-way down Anachrist Mountain. Notice the switch-back road leading down to the town of Osooyos that is just barely visible. Many a trucker has left skid marks on that hill, and not just on the pavement.



This is the town in the above shot. The road going up the hill in the background is the one I took to home.



My two favorite foods, treat-wise, are shrimp and cherries. At the start of the trip I ate lot's of shrimp, so how better to end the trip than with this 3-lb box of freshly picked, chilled, cherries bought at the orchard. I was 3 1/2 hours from home when I bought these and don't ask me how many I had left when I arrived. Let's just say that I'm not straying too far from the sandbox.



Finally, here's the DV of the day. I seem to be stuck on the word wonderful, but it seemed to fit.



Not my best effort post-wise, but I'm dragging you-know-what. I'll get my thoughts together, along with some pics, and will try to get organized.

Guess now I'll start on this pile of laundry and giving my "baby" the TLC it desperately needs. Speaking of the car, not once was there so much as a blip in it's performance which speaks volumes about looking after things. Although it's 17 years old, it's just like me, lot's of miles left.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 5:16 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com