Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Morning folks. With yesterday being St. Patrick's day, and me being Irish, I decided to whip up this little taste treat in honor of the occassion.

Irish Soda Bread

2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (preferably unbleached)
1/2 c. old-fashioned, rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda (make sure it is fresh)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. dried currants
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 lg. egg
1/2 c. unsalted butter (melted)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a round cake pan and/or pie pan. Stir together flour through salt, mixing well, in a large mixing bowl. Stir in currants until well coated in flour mixture. In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and butter. Make a well in dry ingredients, pour in liquids, and then stir until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Turn out onto a floured countertop and knead three or four times. Form into a ball, and place in the center of the baking pan. Cut a cross (X) deeply into the top of the bread. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, or 800F for 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, or 5, reduce heat to 375 F, or 775F, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or 15 to 20 minutes, more, until brown, or black, on top. Remove from oven and remove to rack to cool. Drape a kitchen towel over the top to keep warm until you serve .. best if you serve it fresh from the oven.

OWW, stop that ya little pecker! L'il Bear just bit me on the ankle for telling a lie. Where did you realize that I was just goofin' around? heh heh The temperature?

As you can tell, I'm in a good mood this morning, but even that makes me shake my head at the things I find humor in sometimes. I may be growing older, but I absolutely refuse to grow up.

For those I haven't alienated, I'll probably see ya tomorrow. For the rest, well, it's been a slice.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 7:05 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com