Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hi guys. Sorry for the tardiness, because I know how much you depend upon the wisdom dispensed here to get you through the day. Oh oh, L'il Bear is gettin' ready to bite me on the ankle again.

Fact is, I've been busy. Yesterday I helped Boop get her sister ready, and to the hospital for another CT scan. Turned out to be all for naught, because the hospital refused to inject the stuff ordered by the doctor for fear of an aneurysm. Of course the doctor that ordered it is away this week, so back to square one.

The rest of the time was basically spent on the laptop from hell, which I'm using now. I took it into the shop yesterday morning, explained what I had done (again) and left it. By the time I got back home they called and said, come and get it, your computer is in good shape, except for the hard drive being completely erased.

So I had Sparky here last night for 2 1/2 hours, and after fixing a bad code in the router, he got online and transferred everything from the PC into here. When he left with another pound of my flesh in his pocket, all was well. IE6, Google Tool Bar, IncrediMail, etc etc.

Fired it up this morning and couldn't even get online. Here we go again. Because the Automatic Updates function was turned on, as soon as I started it 51 updates were downloaded, including IE7, which of course won't accept the toolbar. I finally uninstalled the bar and got on line, but I can't switch back to IE6. This is what started it all in the first place.

I'm not going to let Microsoft beat me, but you can bet that when I finally get this resolved, there will be no more Internet Explorer. I've got Mozilla ready to go, but I'm stubborn. Sparky feels he can fix this but he can't come by until Thursday, so I'll just try to stay calm until then.

If there is any silver lining to this cloud it's that I'm glad (?) this is happening now and not when I'm off to to the North in the motorhome. Speaking of that we'll be leaving here at 3 am Friday to head upcountry and bring my new toy home, new to me that is.

I was going to try and find a picture to show what I think of Gates & Co., but besides it being probably too rude, it might even be libellous. Oh, grow a set, ya ol' wuss!

Hope you're all well, and if you made it this far, thanks for listening.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 12:25 PM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com