Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, August 03, 2006


Morning folks. Well, that hiatus didn't last long. What prompts me to show up today is the mention of trucks/RV's in some of your comments.

An expression I've used for years, too soon we get old, and too late we get smart, has never been truer than now. Let me explain.

When I had to come off the road because of Timmy, I held on to the truck for a year before I sold it. Being mostly concerned with surviving at the time I didn't, or couldn't, look far enough ahead to envision the situation I'm in now.

Since I'm so anal about looking after my vehicles, that truck was in excellent condition, had been paid off for years, and would have made an excellent motor-home. For less money than I'll have to pay for some used piece of c**p I could have made an RV out of it that would outlast me by a longshot.

Dave mentioned finding a hobby, something to keep my hands busy, and oh my!, wouldn't that have been a labor of love. What an absolute thrill that would have been to travel the same roads, in the same truck, and as Hoss says, with no schedules to worry about.

Over the years I've known a few fellows that made a motor-home out of their trucks, and always thought, what a great idea. But as I said, I had other things on my mind. too late we get smart.

Other than beating myself up about that, all is well with me. Our weather is back to normal for this time of year, so I'm back to walking a bit. Took the camera with me yesterday intending to make a DV but figured you'd seen enough of the beach. It's only a couple of hours to being in the mountains, so maybe I'll do that and take a few while I'm there.

It's often said that you shouldn't hide your "light" under a bushel, well just go to Jude's site and look at the photographic talent she's been hiding. Good stuff Dudette!

Hope all is well with you guys, and thanks for stopping by.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:25 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com