Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Morning folks. Well, I finally got the l'il guy awake, but I'm not so sure that it was a good idea. When I told him what I was planning on doing the only thing he had to say was, The hell you are!

Kidding aside, thankfully a big ol' bolt of reality has jarred me back to my senses. The RV purchase is definitely going to happen, the trip to the Yukon for the summer is still on, but I don't know what on earth made me even consider the "open house".

It's one thing to flippantly say "it's only stuff", but the more that I realized what I was about to do, the less sense it made. I mean, it took me 68 years to get all the things I wanted, or needed, to make my life comfortable, and I was going to give it all away just because I wanted to go back out on the road for a while. I think I need help, and I think you know the kind I mean. Might have to fit me with one of those jackets with the long sleeves.

So for now at least, everything will stay put. I'll go off for the summer, come home for some rest and family time, then probably down to Arizona for the winter. Back here in the early spring, more family time etc., then repeat the cycle. The sensible part of this plan is that if something should go sideways, like my health, I have a home to come back to.

I think I'm a living example of the old saying, too soon we get old, and too late we get smart". But no harm was done, except for having to admit than I can be a dummy at times. Ah well, life's a learning experience.

I'm not going to get maudlin here, but because I live alone, by choice, I can't tell you how much I appreciate having this outlet to just chat about things. Family is a wonderful thing, but they have lives to live that can't be stopped just because I want to natter. Yet, at any time of the day or night I can get on here and just let it out. So take a bow guys, you deserve it!

Well, I just heard the Sunday paper plop on the mat outside my door, so I guess I'll see what's happening in the rest of the world. If any of you are going to attend services today, put in a good word for me with The Big Guy, because sometimes I need all the help I can get. Open house, sheesh!, what a dumbass!



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:56 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com