Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, July 16, 2007

Morning folks, although I'm actually starting this Sun 3 pm, in hopes of getting it up by morning.

This is one of the shots the photographer took, and I chose it for 2 reasons. First of course, it's a good picture of Dixie, and secondly it shows the advanced stage of vitiligo, or loss of skin pigmentation, I have due to the tumor. Between that, the teeth falling out, the various and sundry other ailments, you might say the wrapping is flawed, but I assure you the contents of the package are intact. A lot of people try to hide, or cover up, their flaws, but as you guys know, my life is an open book. I suppose I shouldn't say this but, not a bad set of pipes for an ol' dude.


I promise not to be like one of those people that talk incessantly about their children as they whip 800 pictures out, but Dixie is all I have going on right now. I won't leave her chained up alone, or in her kennel, while I go off. It's not a big thing really because I've been here so long I was starting to re-trace my steps. Besides, this time is important to help her with the transition.

I mentioned maybe leaving early, and I'm thinking that I'll eat a couple of hundred dollars and head for Whitehorse next weekend. I went to the office and before I got the question fully out, the heads started shaking. No Refunds!

I paid damn good money for services I'm not getting, or at best spottily. WiFi, server, power, you name it, it bites the big one, especially considering I'm sitting in basically a gravel pit. The government campgrounds are far superior to these rip-off RV parks, but I did it on promises of internet access. Oh well, live and learn.

While this might sound whiny, the truth is I'm in good spirits. Few more days with Killer Dog, couple of short trips to get her used to travelling, and her and I are hittin' the road. If she's up to it I'll drive straight through to Whitehorse, spend a couple of days there, then slowly start working our way home. If she gets stressed I'll break the drive up into 2 or 3 legs.

Besides re-arranging the position of her kennel so that she can see me while driving, I've relented on the no furniture rule. She jumps up on the couch, nestles in with her two paws crossed, and won't move until I say it's okay. So very well behaved. As for the shedding, I brush her a couple of times a day, which she likes, and it seems to be getting better.

Before "mailing" this I just checked and sure enough, 'Guggieville Disabled'. I did get to read your comments from the last post, thank you, but don't know when I'll be able to reply. As for messing with Notepad etc, I don't gain anything over just letting the laptop save it to the Hard Drive. The trick is to keep watching the bottom of this Blogger page, and when it says "Saving", instead of "Saved", don't even think of going near the Publish button. Oops, now it says "Could not contact Blogger.com". which means the signal, such as it is, is also gone. Another favorite is "SecurityToken. Your request could not be processed. Please try again". Isn't this fun?

Some might say I should get a life, well this is the life I chose, and I'm damned if I'm going to let this get the best of me. I can't do much about getting ripped off, after the fact, but I sure as hell am not going to roll over completely.

It is now 3 am Monday. Think I'll take Killer up to the office, which is closed, let her drop a 3-coiler on the doorstep, then come back and cook up some breakfast while baby-sitting this. I just looked over at Dixie and she seems to be saying 'yeah, let's do it'!

Take care guys, see ya when I can.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 1:45 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com