Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Monday, August 13, 2007

Morning folks. Well, so much for taking my time going home. Arrived here in Clinton B.C. yesterday morning at 8 am, which would have put me home about 1:30 pm. Now my problem is how to spend 2 weeks going 4 1/2 hours. What a dumbass! I guess old habits die hard.

I heard a couple of northbound RVs talking on the cowboy radio about this great deal they got on a full-hookup RV park here, so I pulled in, and they were right. The guy asked if I needed a receipt, nope, good...$15. YES! Not only that, it's downtown, so no bumming a ride.

In a lot of ways it's the best one I've been in yet. Even Dixie agreed as she was rolling around in the grass, lots of grass. The weather was perfect all day, so after Dixie took me for a walk, I got caught up on housework, showered, and just basically goofed off all day.

She's actually standing up here. Most of the grass in the park is mown, but I'm glad they left this patch because she had a ball playing in it.

I think I'll stay here for at least another day or two, and try to come up with a few camping spots between here and home. Shouldn't be a problem, just have to stay out of the driver's seat. Hey wait, I'm supposed to be In The Driver's Seat.


Anyhoo, all is well. I still haven't come up with a solution on what to do with the hound yet. I've got a couple of ideas, neither of them cheap, but it's too soon to worry about it. I'm going to check the market for dog hair, because the way she sheds I could have a money maker here.

In a way having Dixie is forcing me to do something I've thought of doing for some time, namely changing my lifestyle. Now that I've had a good taste of RVing, and with my dislike of what my "home" of 42 years has become, I think the time has come. In the next few weeks I think I'm going to find a permanent spot for the Bear, vacate my place, and using the spot as a base become semi-nomadic. Hell, I'm even thinking of upgrading the Bear, might as well be broke as badly bent.

This motorhome has turned out to be such a great vehicle, but I'm thinking of one at least this size, but with a washer/dryer, satellite, diesel engine, thermo-pane windows, etc etc. It's still in the dreaming stage, but could very well become a reality. Going to have to really sharpen my pencil, and probably do something I'm adverse to, take on some debt, but that's the way I'm thinking. Of course that might mean that I'll be showing up at your place with an extension cord, a hungry dog, and an empty bowl, but what the hey, that's what friends are for. Always there when they need you.

So there you have it guys, could be big changes coming, stay tuned for further announcements. Hope you're all well, and I'll probably see you tomorrow from this same place.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:31 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com