Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Morning folks. Well, I'm still here in Clinton and may stay another day. Managed to get a bit done yesterday, and also decided to put the upgrading of the Bear on hold until the home front is settled. Besides, I like being debt-free and also because other than a bit of "bling", this motorhome is as good as one costing many thousands more.

This is a nice quiet little town, not that far upcountry, and although I certainly hadn't even thought of it, I may put an offer on a mobile home here set up in a nice park. While walking around yesterday I stopped at a real estate office, and was amazed at how very reasonable prices are here. It's definitely got me thinking.

This is just another shot of Dixie's playground. So very peaceful here.




Of course I've got Garf up there watching out for us. Other than that little "souvenir" on the windshield above the dash on my side, the Bear doesn't look too bad considering where it's been.


If you embiggen you'll see that Dix and I survived the hanging tree.

Today is Boop's birthday, and I'd tell you how old she is but you wouldn't believe that numbers can go that high. Oh boy, I'll pay for that one! We are in fact the same age, in my case, fortyish. I'll be talking to her in a few hours and getting a justified earful, because I've been a little slack about keeping in touch.

It's been just over 3 months since I left, and I wish the trip was just starting. I have thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it, even given the little blips, and can't wait to start the next one. Get the necessary chores done in the next little while and Dix and I are hitting the road again. I feel so very fortunate to have found a niche where I'm so comfortable. I've always enjoyed being on the road, and now with the Bear and all it's creature comforts, not to mention my travelling companion, I've got the best of both worlds.

Thanks for stopping by, and once again I've got to tell you how much I enjoy this venue to just chat about things. Who needs people when you've got a blog family like this?

Update...8:15 am

Just talked to Boop, and I'm happy to report that she's fine. I'm also happy to report that she didn't chew me a new one, because as she said, I know you. OUCH! She has actually kept track of me through a grandaughter's computer, or at least knew that all was well.



Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:21 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com