Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Morning folks. Well, already the small-town feeling of people helping people has begun for me. Michael, the owner here, brought a fellow around last evening who would be glad to look after Dixie for a few days while I run down to White Rock and start the process of moving.

Because Dix and I had already turned in for the night the fellow said he'd be back this morning and we'd set things up. He is very familiar with Jack Russells, having had one for years, and also has a big piece of property so that she won't be penned up.

My plan is to go down for 2 or 3 days, get things started, then come back with the car, pick Dix up, and the next couple of trips down she can come with me. All of this will be spread over several weeks, so that everything will be finished by the end of September. Then a month or so here and we're off to Arizona.

This place is sort of a gathering spot for the locals who stop by, have a coffee, play a little gin rummy, and just chat. In the short time I've been here I already feel like one of the boys. As for Dix, she has settled down so much. She is no longer hyper since she seems to realize that this is her home now. I can walk her to her heart's content on the grass and not leave the property.

I was going to say that slowly things are coming together, but they are anything but slow. No matter what I mention Michael seems to have a solution, or knows someone who does.

Short post today, but just wanted to let you know how well things are going. Amazing how all of this came about from simply pulling in to take a break from the road. I think in some ways it was meant to be.

Hope you're all well, and I'll see you tomorrow.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 3:14 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com