Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Morning folks. I've always believed in giving credit where credit is due, and today's recipient is my dearly beloved ex, Betty Boop. Her and I chat on the phone a few times a week, and since getting my PO box she keeps asking if I got the note she sent just to make sure the mail came through before she sends bank statements etc. Yesterday I got her "note", and it just shows the kind of person she is.

First a little background. I'm a crossword addict, in fact have books of them here in the Bear. I've often remarked to her that the ones in the 2 Vancouver papers were my favorites, just in conversation. Now to the point of this....

Without saying a word to me, she cut all the crosswords out of both papers for the last 2 months, and that was what she sent as a "note". I brought the large, thick, envelope home not knowing what to expect, but when I opened it and saw the smiley face she had put in there, I realized once again, like so many other times, what a great lady she is. With all that she has gone through in the last little while she still took the time to do this, but it really doesn't surprise me. As I said, it's just the kind of person she is.

Although we've been divorced 19 years, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her, and I think, hell I know, she feels the same way. The reason this thing works is because, as with the rest of the family, we allow each other to live our own lives. Not going to preach here, but it is so simple, if you love something, set it free.

So no tales of riding my trusty steed today, because Boop, this Bud's for you!!

We'll return to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:45 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com