Google PageRank Checker - Page Rank Calculator

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Morning folks. Since I'm trying to get back to the way things used to be on here, and it being Sunday, I thought it time for L'il Bear to make an appearance. He doesn't seem any the worse for his absence, but then he always did have a way of handling adversity....have a big ol' nap.

Now for the news, and it's mostly all good. After taking the car for a good run, and going over it with a fine-toothed comb, with the work done so far it's mechanically sound. I am going to have to replace the tires soon, and to that end I've got the insurance agent in a head-lock, but I'm not hopeful. Oh well, live a lot, learn a little.

As for my surroundings, although I've only been here a short time, it's already seeming like home. The more I walk around the place, the more I'm sure I made the right choice. The owners are wonderful people, hard-working and genuine.

I've made friends with the permanent residents, not the least of whom is the owner's dog, Luke. What a hoot! He'll come up to my place with a pine cone in his mouth, drop it on the mat outside the door, and wait for me to come out and play fetch. If I'm already outside he'll get a stick, drop it at my feet, and off we go on a walk. Yesterday after our walk I sat in a chair outside and he came up, licked my face, then lay by my feet until I went inside. Oh, by the way, he's a perfect specimen of German Shepherd.

As soon as I finish banging this out and send it to the presses, it's shower time, pack my bag, and head out to see my ex-beloved, Betty Boop. I'm leaving real early because I want to stop at the first car wash and spend some TLC time on the car. Was going to do it here but it's still a bit cool, and I don't have a long enough hose, so I'd be carrying water in a pail. Hey, I heard that crack about the hose!

Won't have an internet connection down there, but I should be back by Thursday and give you an update then. Looking forward to dinner tonight, Boop is cooking up my favorite, a big ol' roast of pork. I know, I'm spoiled, and I love it! To show my appreciation, I'll let her dig around in my pocket for loose change, or whatever she might find while in there.

Have yourselves a good week, wish me luck, and I'll see you when I get back.


Trucker Bob Image hosting by Photobucket blogged at 2:50 AM

|
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com